Meshing in Simulation CFD
- Describe what a mesh is, and how its created in Simulation CFD.
- Describe the importance of a valid mesh in computational fluid dynamics simulations.
- Apply a strategic approach to building a valid mesh for a variety of AEC applications.
- Be able to do basic refinements and improvements on an automatically generated mesh.
- Observe the impact of mesh quality on results and run time.
- Build a mesh yourself on a typical model that would be used for thermal and fluid flow simulations in an office space.
Advancements in meshing technology have helped to automate it for even complex models. However, user interaction and CAD modification is still needed at times to successfully create the mesh.
This module will introduce fundamental meshing techniques and best practices while demonstrating the characteristics of a suitable mesh along with the implications of a poor quality mesh.
NOTE: Comprehensive coverage of all meshing functionality is beyond the intended scope of this introductory course. Users are encouraged to research and test advanced meshing topics or consider formal training to become fully proficient in this area.